Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's true what they say...

Everything you ever imagine Fiji to be like is true! That is, if you ever thought it to be absolutely beautiful with white sand, crystal clear water, and complete isolation. It may be cliche but it's really a tropical paradise! David and I got lucky when the travel agent booked us for a day lay over in Fiji on our way back to Australia! So instead of hanging out in that tiny, no-aircon airport (yeah right!) we booked ourselves a boat ride out to one of Fiji's islands for the day!






We spent the day on Castaway Island (no relation to the movie)! It was pretty cloudy in the morning but right when we arrived, thankfully, it cleared right up and the sun was out and very hott.




This is the little boat we took up to shore.
Note the glass floors! it was pretty exciting... ;)









This may have been one of the most relaxing times ever for me! The sun was out and the ocean was so refreshing!




I LOVE THIS BOY.













Snorkeling was so much fun! At the time I was a little stressed, always looking over my shoulder for sharks, but eventually I realized how pretty under the ocean is!




Mid-afternoon nap in a hammock on a remote island in Fiji....
Please pause this moment forever for me.



As we were about to board the boat back to the main island, a massive storm was coming in! Talk about good timing.

So now that I'm back in Australia it's time to get serious and down to business. Times of care-free shopping, traveling, and sleeping in are over. I'm attempting a desperate job hunt, dropping by resume off at any ol place. Keep your fingers crossed I get a job!



No comments: