Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother."
Abraham Lincoln 


This goes out to my very own, special, Mommy Dearest 

Remember when I was really little, Dad would hug you tight and say to me "My Moma..." and I would get so angry at him and I would tell him "No, that's MY Moma!"? Well, I'm still that much of a  Moma's girl! 

Or how about in 5th grade you would always bring me Subway or Taco Bell for lunch? You were so awesome. And now you are sending me packages of my clothes and even Jolly Ranchers for David, you are officially the awesome-ist. 

Remember when I called you from the other side of the world, just to tell you I was really sick with the flu, and how I wished more than anything you were here to make me cinnamon&sugar toast, and get me a lemon-lime gatorade like you always do? Maybe even go to Blockbuster and pick out a few movies. You spoiled us so badly when we were under the weather, I feel bad for our husbands, they have some mighty, big shoes to fill! 

Or how about recently when you came to visit me in Australia, and we had so much fun at the beach, and in the city, and with the kangaroos, and cuddling the koalas, and seeing Sydney? Well, I was so sad when you had to leave!

You know what I remember the most? The way you have always been a constant source of support and love to me and my sisters. The way you took care of everything in our lives growing up; dinner on the table, dentist appointments, school shopping, family vacations, late night hospital visits, soccer games, etc. How sometimes you and I talk like sisters, and I feel lucky we get along like we do. I learned the importance of being a good listener, and how it is the key to a wonderful friendship. And last, but not least, I know from you how important it is to follow your own bliss. 

I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day! 
Love, Courtney 


2 comments:

The Hart's said...

that is so sweet Court!

Tara said...

Courtney this is so sweet. Makes me tear up. I love your moma too! What's even awesomer is that she brought me taco bell/subway back in elementary too! Those were the easy days when we were so spoiled by our mom's, it's ridiculous. PS I was just talking about you the other day. I was telling my friend the story of us in lake tahoe in the old antique house when were scared in the room upstairs and almost jumped off the balcony ontop of the car. Haha ah I miss you! We have so many good and fun stories. Your ring is gorgeous and I love your engagements! I wish I could be at your wedding!