Thursday, May 6, 2010

diamonds are a gurl's BF

For those of you who don't know, when David proposed to me, he did it with a fake ring! Ok-- "fake" sounds pretty bad, I should probably say temporary. But that was only because he was having my real engagement ring made back in Arizona by a wonderful jeweler, James Elliot. So this whole engagement so far, I've been waiting (impatiently) for it to arrive. Well luckily James finished just before my Mom and Debbie were about to fly down under to see me! So they picked it up and brought it here. When David and I went to meet them at the airport, I gave my mom a big ol' hug, then hastily demanded to have my ring (I can't remember which of the two I did first...). At that moment, David intervened and said I had to wait, because he wanted to give it to me in a special way. UGH, THE NERVE! I wasn't very happy about that.
Fast forward a day later... David, my Mom, and me were all walking along the Burleigh Beach headland trail when we passed a rock where we had taken one of our engagement pictures. David asked me to sit up on it and reenact our engagement photo for my mom. I said I was too hungry. Then he pulled out the ring, bribing me to do it. OF COURSE I HOPPED RIGHT UP ON THAT ROCK! Then he pulled out the most beautiful, amazing, perfect ring I have ever seen and slipped it on my finger! It was almost as good as when he first proposed, almost! 





Aw, I love it. 

But to be honest, I could have had my "fake" ring and still been the happiest girl ever! I'm so lucky to have David. 

So, in other news, my mom and Deb have been here for 6 days now and it's been ahhmazing! I love having some family here, even though it is only for a week. They're really loving Australia, except for the expensive-ness! Tonight, we are going to Sydney for the weekend! YAY! Can you believe I have been here 8 months and have never been outside Brisbane!?! I can't wait, we are going to do all the real touristy things and best of all, visit David's sister Karen, her husband, Asa, and the cutest boys ever, Will, Euine, and Brynn...my to-be nephews (wow)! 

Happy Weekend!!!



    

No comments: