Sunday, November 8, 2009

One month down (under).

The last month I have been living in Brisbane, Australia and I think I've adopted (far too easily) their very "laid back life style."


My efforts for finding a job are less than solid. I thought I'd take the first few weeks to "adjust" and spend time with my boyfriend, David, who was recovering from eye surgery. 


But now I'm feeling more like I'm on holiday instead of living here. Which may seem ideal until you check my bank account! 
Anyway, it has been lovely here so far and a lot of fun...


Like when we take trips to the Goldcoast to hang on the beach all day 


and hike up the head land at Burleigh to have an amazing view like this one




or when David honors Mo'vember




or enjoying the city lights after bbq n' Southbank.



The most fun of all was carving pumpkins--we had ourselves a first timer here!



The results! Mine was the cyclopse. David did the one winking which was appropriate because his eye surgery left him with a permanent stink-eye ;)




and last, but not least...Halloween!






No comments: