Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend at Straddie

When friday finally came, I was so excited because we took a ferry to Stradbroke Island to camp the whole weekend! Back home, I'm used to camping up north near Payson in the mountains with pine trees; not in practically a tropical paradise like Straddie!


It is so beautiful there and
yes...the water is actually that blue!

The first night we got there we went fishing on the pier. No luck with the fish, but we did happen to see a dolphin and its baby! They swam up right next to the dock and hung around all night. It was so cute!









This was the only "good" picture I got of the dolphins, and it's kinda horrible.
But you get how close they swam up to us!

On Saturday we went on a trail called Point Lookout. It had amazing views of the ocean and we even saw more dolphins! There was a part off the trail where you could hike down to a little cove and some of the boys went and jumped in. I couldn't overlook the iky moss all over and unknown creatures!



Me, Kier, Heath, Brad, and Lashea






Point Lookout



the view






It was such a great weekend. Relaxing, playing games, bbq's, and beach all day! I was starting to get used to it. Now we're back in Brisbane and routine has settled in. It's my last week of classes! HELLS YEAH! I'm SO excited to be done with this semester! And what's even more exciting is that we leave to America in 6 days! I cannot wait to see my family and friends and be in COLD WEATHER! It really doesn't feel like christmastime when you are sweating to death everyday!





1 comment:

Chelsey Oliver: said...

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! And I'm so excited for the end of this semester <3